Sunday, June 16, 2013

New News and Thank Yous!

If you're looking for a video full of dozens of names, you've come to the right place! First names, last names, middle names, nicknames, hilariously mispronounced names: we've got 'em all!

You've probably all seen this by now, as it's been posted on various other social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, MonkeyChan). I'm just not very good at keeping up with a consistent blog. It feels like it needs a lot more effort than the quick quips and glib glips we post other places. Once we get into the rehearsal process (which is Soooooo soon!), I'm sure I'll have more concrete things to post about. Right now though, between walking dogs by day, performing in a musical at night, pouring over scripts, e-mails, tweets, eating, taking care of my albino hamster Lillith, I hardly have to energy to cry myself to sleep at night!
I know, I know, you all think of me as a vessel of never-ending mirth and rainbow energy.

Which, to be fair, I usually am.

As for recently, I've just picked up the Two Gents script again after a few weeks of letting it rest, and it's entirely reinvigorated me. I'm not sure why I'm just now realizing this, but...Two Gents is quite the comedy. No, but seriously, it's very funny. Which means I'm going to have to adjust my directing style a bit (and cut down on the amount of blood I'd proposed). No, but seriously, it's very raunchy; there are scenes between Speed and Lance that are basically 95% weiner jokes. And don't think I'm going to gloss over any of them! Not. One.

Anyway, keeping this brief for now, but I will be back soon. Mostly this is a housekeeping post. If you haven't done the following, please do:

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HamletIsntDead
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/hamletisntdead
Send us your headshot/resume: hamletisntdead@gmail.com
Drop in and visit for tea: 620 L- [waitaminute! I'm not giving you weirdos my address!]

We have a big meeting with the kind folks at Culturefix on Tuesday, which will give us a wonderful chance to soak in the space and make some big design choices. Also! In addition to seeking actors, we are still on the lookout for a stage manager. If you are one, or know one, please send him/her our way. We are very kind, professional, and often bake in our spare time.

If you've done all the above things, don't be shy! Leave us a comment here to let us know who our truest friends are! And remember: There's no I in Team. But there is one in William Shakespeare. Two, in fact. But not in Shakespeare. Just in William.

All the best,
David Andrew Laws (Justin William)
Artistic Director, HID

No comments:

Post a Comment