Monday, December 5, 2016

Struts & Frets: Interviews with the Cast & Crew of Merchant of Venice - Michael Satow

Antonio begins The Merchant of Venice with "In sooth, I know not why I am so sad". We go on to learn what might be making him sad, and how all of that plays out. But you know what makes Michael Satow sad? People missing out on this season's most hilarious & heart-breaking story! Don't be one of those people. Read all about Michael's process below, then come see it for yourself at Hamlet Isn't Dead's Merchant of Venice.

"In sooth, I am too sexy for my shirt"

HID: First thing’s first: What’s your favorite color, and the favorite color of your character? Any why?

MS: I don’t know why, but I’m always a bit uncomfortable to say I think brown may be my favorite. Forest Brown? Like leathers, woods, etc. Antonio would probably agree. He most likely worked his way up from the shipyard. And also he has to do what I say.

HID: What does Antonio usually do to get himself out of a funk when he’s sad (and knows not why)? What do you, Michael, do?

MS: Antonio is really active about his sadness. He puts his mind to helping the person he loves. He’s not much of a “think things through” guy, he just kind of works off his impulses. Doesn’t always have the best results though.

As for me, coffee usually helps. If that doesn’t work I throw on Hamilton.

HID: Antonio really puts himself out there for his friend. Have you ever undergone a big risk to benefit a friend?

MS: I offered all my Republican friends to fill out their election ballots for them. None of them took me up on it, but it’s the thought that counts.

HID: What’s next for Antonio at the play’s end?

MS: (SPOILER ALERT) Antonio and Shylock get their own spin-off.

If you don't know the show, DON'T READ THAT SPOILER! If you do, it's a good idea, right? You'd watch it. Whether you do or you don't, this is one production of the Bard's most problematic play you won't want to miss. Join Michael, and all the HIDiots, at Merchant of Venice, opening December 14th!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets are available at http://hidmov.bpt.me -- ON SALE NOW! Shows run Dec. 14th - 17th.

For more information, you can visit http://www.hamletisntdead.com, and be sure to subscribe to our Mailing List while you're there.

If you haven't Liked us already on Facebook, now is the time! All the cool kids are doing it.
https://www.facebook.com/HamletIsntDead

If Twitter's more your speed, we have that too. We just want to please you any way we can. https://twitter.com/hamletisntdead

Or to see us in action, you can check us out (and subscribe, hint, hint) at https://www.youtube.com/user/hamletisntdead

Basically, if you want to follow us, you just put hamletisntdead after something. And why wouldn't you want to follow us?? We're a lot of fun, we promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment